A by-election is being held in Tauranga on Saturday 18 June to elect a new local member of Parliament (MP).
You can vote in the by-election from 4 June if you are enrolled in the Tauranga general electorate.
Overseas voting will start on Wednesday 1 June and advance voting will start on Saturday 4 June.
You are eligible to enrol and vote if you:
- have lived in the Tauranga electorate for more than one month (find your electorate on a map)
- are 18 years of age or older, and
- have lived in New Zealand for more than one year continuously at some time in your life, and
- are a New Zealand citizen, or
- are a New Zealand permanent resident.
Everyone who is enrolled by 11 May will be sent an EasyVote information pack in the mail. The pack includes your personal EasyVote card and all the information you need to vote.
If you enrol after this date, you can still vote, but you won’t get an EasyVote card. You can enrol right up to and on election day.
You can enrol or update your details online using your New Zealand driver licence, New Zealand passport or RealMe verified identity. Or you can call 0800 36 76 56 and ask for an enrolment form to be sent to you in the mail.