When is the boundary review?
The list below shows key dates for the 2019/20 Boundary Review.
23 September - 2019 The Government Statistician releases the number of electorates and electoral population figures
October 2019 - The Representation Commission meets to set proposed electorate boundaries and names
20 November 2019 - The Representation Commission releases proposed electorate boundaries and names
20 November to 20 December 2019 - The public can make objections to proposed boundaries and names
10 to 24 January 2020 - The public can make counter-objections to any objections to the proposed boundaries and names
10 to 18 February 2020 – The Representation Commission holds public hearings of objections and counter-objections:
- Monday 10 February Christchurch District Court
- Tuesday 11 February Dunedin District Court
- Thursday 13 February Wellington Environment Court
- Monday 17 February North Shore District Court
- Tuesday 18 February Manukau District Court
17 April 2020 - The Representation Commission publishes the final electorate boundaries and names
2020 General Election - The new electorate boundaries apply